WrestleMania 32 was an amazing event filled with shocking endings, great matches and a grand ending. Now that WWE’s biggest event of 2016 has come to a close, we’re now rolling up to the aftermath with Payback. No one could have imagined that we’d see AJ Styles getting a WWE World Heavyweight Championship title shot so soon. At this PPV, he’ll be challenging Roman Reigns.
The mystery factor within this whole bout is the looming presence of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows, AJ’s former stablemates from New Japan Pro Wrestling. Along with that crazy marquee match, we’ll also be seeing Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens continuing their historic rivalry and Dean Ambrose will be taking on Chris Jericho.
Those three matches and even more interesting bouts will go down on the WWE Network and PPV. Here’s the official details on the date, location and start time for WWE Payback 2016. WWE Payback 2016 will take place on the WWE Network and PPV on May 1, 2016.
The official theme song is We Don’t Have to Dance by Andy Black. WWE Payback 2016 will emanate from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.
- India- 2nd May 2016 (Monday)
- IST- 6 Pm
- Channel- Ten Sports
The 2016 edition of WWE Payback is about two weeks away and the match card is starting to take shape. After the latest episode of Monday Night Raw, there are now six official matches.
Official WWE Payback 2016 Match Card as of April 18, 2016
- Roman Reigns vs. A.J. Styles for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- Charlotte (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (w/ Bret Hart) for the WWE Women’s Championship
- Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho
- Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
- Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains to determine the No. 1 contender for the WWE Tag Team Championship
- The Miz vs. Cesaro for the Intercontinental Championship