Beyond the realms of paid awards, we have a few awards which are unabashedly brutal and honest – not to everyone’s liking in Bollywood. After Golden Kela Awards, much to fans delight (pun intended), the winners of Ghanta Awards 2016 are also declared. These awards are awarded to the worst possible films and performances from B-Town folks, in that year.
Superstar Salman Khan’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo bagged the worst film award while SRK was announced as the worst actor at the 2016 Ghanta Awards. The Sooraj Barjatya-directed film earned Sonam Kapoor the worst actress award for her role, while it also bagged the worst song award for its title track, Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo. The family drama, which set the box office ringing, gave Neil Nitin Mukesh, who played Salman’s brother, the worst supporting actor award.
This year’s Ghanta Awards saw celebrities including Naseeruddin Shah, Ratna Pathak, Arshad Warsi, Maria Goretti, Manish Paul, Archana Puran Singh, Parmeet Sethi, Shruti Seth, Karan Ashuman, Gizele Thakral, Rituraj, Darshan Raval, Ashish R Mohan, Sharib Hashmi, Sachin Gupta among others.
The complete list of winners:
- Worst Film – Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
- Worst Director – Vikas Bahl for Shaandaar
- Worst Actor – Shah Rukh Khan for Dilwale
- Worst Actress – Sonam Kapoor for Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo/Dolly Ki Doli
- Worst Song – Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo – Title track
- Worst Debut – Sooraj Pancholi for Hero
- Worst Supporting Actor – Neil Nitin Mukesh for Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo
- WTF Was That! – Manish Paul for Ranbanka
- Worst Couple – Bipasha one- Bipasha two in Alone
- Worst Miscasting – Karan Johar as gangster in Bombay Velvet
- Most Controversial Controversy – Kangana Ranaut calling Hrithik Roshan her “silly ex” and everything that followed.
- Worst Brand Endorsement – Priyanka Chopra for Bollywood in Hollywood/Silver Pearls (Rajnigandha)
- Shit Nobody Saw – Welcome to Karachi
- The Ghanta Tweet of the year – Abhishek Bachchan